Saturday, January 18, 2014

Vegan Buckwheat Pumpkin Bread

Hi all! Hope you're doing well and enjoying January--I know I am. I've had a lot of ups and downs this month but overall, it's been pretty great. I've been learning how to enjoy my life and myself so it's going fabulously. Also, if you haven't checked it out yet, I made a "my story" video so click right there and you can watch it. I have a four day weekend this week due to Martin Luther King Junior day so I'm spending my time relaxing and enjoying my off days. Dance concert just ended so I'm feeling sad cause I won't be able to do that anymore but I'm trying to look for classes outside school now so I can start doing it year round. ANYWAY
I decided to test out a recipe for buckwheat pumpkin bread. Buckwheat is a hit or miss with most people--I've found that I really like it but I know there are also a lot of people who despise it so whatever floats your boat? I adapted a recipe I found for spelt pumpkin bread so here it is:
Pre baking


Post baking: 


Vegan Buckwheat Pumpkin Bread

  • 1 3/4 cup (170g) buckwheat flour (you can also use spelt, whole wheat all purpose baking flour)
  • 1/2 cup (120g) coconut, palm or turbinado sugar (you could also use normal sugar idk)
  • 2 teaspoons (8g) baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon (4g) baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons (8g?) pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 teaspoons (10ml) vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup (80ml) water
  • 1/3 cup (80ml) coconut oil or vegetable oil of choice
  • 1 can (15 oz?) pumpkin puree
Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit (175 celcius)



In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and soda, and pumpkin pie spice together. Then in a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla, water, coconut oil and sugar. Add the wet to the dry and then put in the pumpkin. Mix until the flour lumps are gone and then put in the oven for 50 minutes-1 hour.




Enjoy!!
Gracie <333

No comments:

Post a Comment